Three Feet Of Air Productions
Basic Info: We design and build interactive art installations and human-powered vehicles for racing and exhibition events in Northern California.
- Robert van de Walle, in collaboration with Peter Perez, funded by a grant from the Awesome Foundation, created an Alebrijes Bike for the Dia De Los Muertos event at the Sonoma County Museum and the Windsor Muertos event at the Town Green.
- Aluminum Boat Ramp at Amphibious Bike Race at Pedalfest. Sponsored by Bike East Bay and John Muir Health, we organized the amphibious race and fabricated a portable aluminum and plywood ramp for the event, including painting their logos on the surface. July, 2018
- Kinetic Kompendium: 50 Years Of Kinetic Sculpture Racing book, published in January 2018. 600 page, full-color book documenting the history of the race, pilots and sculptures. Ran a successful crowdfunding campaign to print the first edition.
- 4-person amphibious quadricycle kinetic sculpture. Built a pivoting, 2-part kinetic sculpture from the ground up, including fiberglassing a built-in flotation hull.
- Grand Champion for Wheels of Dharma, Paddlefest, Oakland, CA 2019
- Grand Champion for Wheels of Dharma, Obtainium Cup, Vallejo, 2019
- 1st Place Art, 1st Place Engineering, 2nd Place Speed for Wheels of Dharma, daVinci Days, Corvallis OR, 2019
- 2nd Place Engineering, 2nd Place Speed, 2nd Place Art, Paranormal Trophy for Wheels of Dharma, Kinetic Grand Championship, Eureka, CA 2019
- 1st Place Engineering for CalTrans, Kinetic Grand Championship, Eureka, CA 2018
- Best Costume Design, Cotatitarod, Cotati, CA 2018
- Grand Champion for Pineapple Trike, Obtainium Cup, Vallejo, CA 2016
- 1st place speed for the Pineapple Handcar, Willits Kinetic Carnivale, Willits, CA 2015
- Best Engineering for the Whittaker Paddlewheel, Rivertown Revival, Petaluma, CA 2014
- July, 2013, Our Red Couch paddle wheel is pictured on the event website to promote Healdsburg’s Water Carnivale.
August, 2013, Red Couch Handcar is currently shown, racing in the Wunderkammer Handcar Races in a 15-second advertisement, being used to promote the city of Santa Rosa as a destination for wine and beer aficionados.
Summer 2013, featured in local papers many times, won prizes at most of the events we attend, and have run successful Kickstarter and IndieGoGo fundraisers to build our pieces.
Engineering prize for the Whittaker design on Instructables.com, 2013
Sponsors/Donors: The Awesome Foundation, Lagunitas Beer, John Muir Health